what foods are rich in vitamin c? Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin present in many foods, especially fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is good for skin health and boosts the immune system. Here in this article, you will find out about vitamin c rich foods.
Our body needs vitamin c for different purposes. Vitamin c is used in a variety of ways: our body needs vitamin c to form collagen. According to the National Institute of Health, the body uses Vitamin C to develop skin, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels.
Vitamin C has impressive benefits for us. It is water-soluble and present in many fruits and vegetables.
It is recommended that a female should take 75mg and a male 90mg Vitamin C in a day.
Many people start to take Vitamin C supplements to fulfill their body needs. They should have more fruits and vegetables instead of supplements.
What foods are rich in vitamin c?
Here is the list of food that is rich in Vitamin C:
- A 100 grams orange contains 53mg of Vitamin C. One medium-sized orange contains 70mg of vitamin C.
- Widely eaten, oranges provide a significant amount of vitamin c daily intake.
- Other citrus fruits also contain a good amount of Vitamin C.
- A cup or 145 grams of papaya provides about 87mg of Vitamin C or 97% of the daily requirement.
- Let me tell you one interesting thing about vitamin c it aids memory and has anti-inflammatory effects on the brain.
- Research showed that 20 people were suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, papaya extract was given to them for 6 months and the results were surprising. They showed a 40% recovery.
- 7mg of vitamin C can get from one Lychee. One cup of lychee provides 151% of DV.
- Lychees also contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Which is good for the brain, heart, and blood vessels.
- A study has shown that people having a good amount of vitamin C have a 42% reduced risk of stroke.
- Including its peel, one whole raw lemon contains 83mg of vitamin C.
- The vitamin c in lemon juice also acts as an antioxidant. When we cut the fruits and vegetables the vitamin c exposed to oxygen, this catalyzed the oxidation process and the cut fruit turns brown.
- Amazingly when we apply lemon juice to the exposed part of the fruits it provides a barrier and prevents the browning process.
- This tropical fruit is native to Mexico and South America.
- A single medium-sized Guava contains 126mg of vitamin C. It is rich in antioxidants Lycopene.
- A study revealed the fact about Guava that persistent intake of guava lowers high blood pressure.